Enterprise and Environment Committee
The remit of the Committee is:
- To determine policies for the promotion of regeneration and enterprise in Clackmannanshire within the strategic policy framework approved by the Council in relation to the following:
- roads and transportation
- regulatory services
- development planning
- facilities management
- economic development
- To develop strategies, plans and projects in those areas and work with officers and partners to implement them.
- With the exception of those matters reserved to Council or delegated to a Committee or an officer, the functions, powers and duties of the Council as planning authority including the preparation of a Development Plan
- To set standards for service delivery.
- To secure best value in the provision of services.
- To consider valid petitions submitted which relate to the areas covered by the Committee
- To monitor performance in the delivery of services including consideration of:
- quarterly service performance reports
- inspection or other similar reports
- financial performance
- To keep under review the impact of the Committee’s policies on Clackmannanshire
- To hear representations on petitions which have been accepted by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services as valid in accordance with the council policy and criteria. The Committee shall report on every petition in respect of which it has heard representations to Council with its recommendations on how the petition should be disposed of, which may include a recommendation that no action be taken.
- Alastair Campbell (Committee Member), Conservative
- Derek Stewart (Committee Member), Labour
- Donald W. Balsillie (Convenor), Scottish National Party
- Ellen Forson (Committee Member), Scottish National Party
- Gary Womersley (ex officio member), Scottish National Party
- Graham Watt (Committee Member), Labour
- Irene Hamilton (Vice-Convenor), Scottish National Party
- Kenneth Earle (Committee Member), Labour
- Les Sharp (Committee Member), Scottish National Party
- Thursday 28th March 2013 at Greenfield House
- Thursday 31st January 2013 at Greenfield House
- Thursday 8th November 2012 at Greenfield House
- Thursday 6th September 2012 at Greenfield House