We aim to be the professional advisor, provider or partner of choice for our customers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
Our vision is to ensure that our financial and human resources, our systems and processes are aligned to the strategic aims of the organisation to facilitate the delivery of the Council's corporate priorities in a legally compliant, cost efficient and effective way.
Our mission is to enable senior officers, managers, elected members and staff in the delivery of their objectives by providing professional value added proactive advice and support.
We will support them strategically and operationally in delivery of their objectives by providing added value and by advising and supporting them to manage their resources whether human, technological or financial, under a sound and defined governance framework.
Our core aims are
- to promote good financial, technological and governance practices to support the Council in achieving its strategic objectives.
- to provide high quality professional support services to officers and elected members in the delivery of their objectives
- to provide strategic financial and human resource advice that shapes and supports the future delivery of council services
- to provide a proactive professional customer focused service
- to support our staff in their professional and personal development
The Support Service core functions include:
- Accountancy (budget management and financial accounting)
- Revenues and Payments (including Audit and Fraud)
- Information Technology (IT)
Supported Services is managed by Julie Burnett.