Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

ClacksWeb - Clackmannanshire Council Online

Johnstone & Cochrane Parks

Johnstone & Cochrane Parks

Johnstone play park, AlvaSituated within the hillfoots town of Alva on the A91 Stirling to St. Andrew’s Road.

Lying to the east is Johnstone Park, donated by James Johnstone in 1856. In 1922 the area adjoining this was donated by the Cochrane family and named Cochrane Park.

Play and recreation areas

The parks provide entertainment for all, with 2 play areas including a creative play area in the former boating pond, which combines sand and water play with some more adventurous items such as a 6m high 4 mast net climber. There is also a multi-use games area.

Set against the magnificent backdrop of the Ochil Hills, the park has many facilities for families including picnic tables, football pitches and pleasant open space.

The parks are popular destinations for day trips and host several public events.

Public toilets

Alva Games

The Alva Games have long been held in the park. These games include all the traditional events of a highland gathering and for the very fit, a challenging and exciting hill race to the top of the Ochils.

For Further Information Contact

Grounds Maintenance & Burial Grounds Team Leader, Land Services
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000
Email: