Patons & Baldwins Archives
The Patons & Baldwins material which came to Clackmannanshire Archives following the closure of the Alloa factory is now very largely catalogued. It includes:
- records of John Paton, Son & Co to 1920
- records of J. & J. Baldwin & Partners and subsidiaries to 1920
- records of Patons & Baldwins Ltd from 1920 to 1961
- records of Fleming Reid & Co. from 1947 to 1960
- records of Coats Paton Ltd from 1961 to 1986
- records of Coats Viyella plc from 1986 to 1999
The material relates not just to Scottish operations but to those in England and overseas.
There is a detailed listing of the catalogued material in the Reference Section of Alloa Library, where material is also produced for consultation.
The archive continues to accept private deposits of personal, commercial, club and society material of historical interest.
For further information about this page please contact:
Librarian (Information & Archives), Library Services
Lime Tree House, Castle Street, Alloa, FK10 1EX
Tel: 01259 452262 Fax: 01259 452500