Smoke or Bonfire Problems
Report Bonfire Problems
To report Bonfire Problems (Non Emergency) then please use our Report It Online Form or alternatively call Customer Services on 01259 450000
Occasionally we receive complaints about smoke caused by bonfires. The following information should help to prevent unnecessary pollution in your area.
- Bonfires must not be lit as to cause a nuisance to neighbouring premises.
- The law requires that smoke emission from any source that causes a nuisance must be avoided.
- Residents are advised to dispose of garden waste by making a compost heap. This converts green garden waste into valuable compost which can be used as a soil conditioner, and thus takes away the need for bonfires.
- Some woody garden waste, such as rose pruning's or fruit canes, are difficult to compost. If these are to be burnt they must be allowed to dry before burning.
- Any bonfire that is considered to be essential must be carefully started with a small amount of dry material, and properly attended, so that it can be built up as the heat increases.
- At no time must fresh, green plant material be placed on a bonfire, and under no circumstances should a bonfire be heaped up and left to smoulder.
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450 000