Headteacher: Ann Floyd, Acting Headteacher
Current roll: 1151
The school works in close partnership with seven associated primary schools:
Lornshill Academy also accepts pupils from other areas on a placement request basis.
In August 2009, the school entered a brand new building with state-of-the- art learning technology and an environment that was specifically designed to support dynamic and innovative Teaching and Learning. As well as occupying a commanding elevated position in impressive landscaped grounds, the school is very well equipped and meticulously maintained.
At Lornshill Academy we enjoy the benefits of a number of wonderful assets including:
- A fully equipped school theatre
- Modern IT suites and interactive whiteboards
- Extensive sport and fitness facilities, which also serve the local community
- Flexible learning areas for each faculty
- Laboratories with specialist equipment
- Career focussed Food Technology and Hospitality facilities
- Well resourced practical workshops
- Grass and Astroturf playing fields
- Full-size running tracks
- Mirrored dance studios
- An amphitheatre for outdoor performances and gatherings
In recent years these resources have been put to very productive use in implementing a Curriculum for Excellence and enriching the experiences of pupils, parents, staff and the local community.
Lornshill Academy is a school that strives for excellence in all areas. Our key values and expectations are clearly laid out in our School Excellence Plan and, as a school community we intend to build on existing good practice to ensure that:
- The young people in the school are challenged and supported to achieve their full potential.
- We foster a real sense of ambition and personal pride.
- Our classes are vibrant, dynamic centres of learning where all learners are valued and fully engaged.
- We have a strong and structured partnership plan with our parents and the local community.
- Academic achievement is maximised across the school.