Building Standards are part of Community and Regulatory Services and are located at Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, Clackmannanshire, FK10 1EB.
If you want to build, alter, extend, change the use of, or demolish a building, it is likely that you will first have to obtain a Building Warrant from the Building Standards Service.
Its primary objective is to ensure that buildings are safe for their occupants and for the general public. This is mainly achieved through the Building (Scotland) Act and the control of construction in accordance with the Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations.
A breakdown of our main tasks are as follows:
- Deal with the validation and processing of building warrant applications.
- Provide advice to anyone intending to construct a building or structure.
- Provide consultation and inspection services with regard to building warrants for construction work.
- Promote best practice in construction and design.
- Promote better access and building layout for those with disabilities.
- Charged with the responsibility of enforcing the requirements of Sections 29 & 30 of the Building (Scotland) Act 2003, with regard to dangerous buildings.
- Charged with the responsibility of enforcing the requirements of Section 28 of the Building (Scotland) Act 2003, with regard to defective buildings.
- Inspects Recreation Park, Alloa, under the Safety at Sports ground Act.
- Provide the street naming and numbering service for Clackmannanshire.
You can now pay Building Warrant or Late Completion Certificate fees online via the Council's Online Payments web page or by ringing 01259 452560/452561/450000 with your debit/credit card details.